Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Thus, we will turn this plague into a triumph of hesychasm. In any case, whatever God allows in our life is out of His goodness for the well-being of man, for e never wants His creature to be harmed in any way. . . Read more (Archimandrite Zacharias Zacharou, March 19, 2020 post)
We have just received updated instructions from His Eminence, Metropolitan Alexis to reduce the number of those attending services to no more than 10 people including one priest, one altar server, and one chanter, effective immediately and until further notice.
Please be aware that misinformation is being circulated online through social media. Our official source of instruction is from His Eminence Metropolitan Alexis who is following guidelines as established by the Center for Disease Control as well as conferring with the Synod.
We encourage you to stay at one and follow our services online by going to www.stnektarios.org and click on live streaming.
All of our previously scheduled services will take place with the exception of Vespers on March 24th and all Matins services which have been canceled.
Please note the following for this coming week:
- We have added three drop-in times during which the sanctuary will be open for the faithful to be able to light a candle, to receive Holy Communion, to venerate the Cross, by only bowing, and for just a few minutes of private prayer and meditation. Again, we will be monitoring the number of people entering the sanctuary as they drop-in.
- Friday, March 20 - Salutations Service will begin at 7PM
- Sunday, March 22
- We will begin at 9:15AM with the Procession of the Holy Cross followed by the Divine Liturgy
- There will be no Fellowship Coffee Hour
- We will have the sanctuary open from 11AM to 1PM for drop-in only
- Monday, March 23 - Compline Service will begin at 7PM
- Tuesday, March 24 - Presanctified Liturgy beginning at 10AM. The sanctuary will be open from 11AM to 1 PM for drop-in only.
- Wednesday, March 25 - (no Matins) Divine Liturgy will begin at 10AM. The sanctuary will be open from 11AM to 1PM for drop in only. No evening Presanctified service.
- Friday, March 27 - Salutations Service will begin at 7PM.
- The Youth Acolyte schedule has been suspended. The Sunday missal will be available on our website before services.
- The Eucharist will be distributed as per usual.
- All ministry activities/gatherings and fellowship meals have been suspended until further notice.
The Church Office will remain open during normal business hours (M-F, 9AM-4:30PM). We ask that no one come in person unless invited or in the case of an emergency. All sines may be conducted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 704-708-4669.
We remind everyone that our clergy are available to come to the homes of those who are ill in order to offer Holy Communion. Please call the office to make an appointment.
We will continue to provide updates to the Parish when they are received.
Fr. Steve Dalber, Protopresbyter
Fr. Nektarios Karantonis, Presbyter
Fr. Paul Tsahakis, Presbyter
Charlie Hubbard, Parish Council President